About Bowen's Botanicals
Our StoryBowen’s Botanicals was founded in 2019 at 212 N. Cortez Street in Prescott, Arizona. We are a local, independently owned and operated floral design center and gift shop specializing in flower arrangements for all occasions and offer memorable event design for weddings, corporate events, parties, showers, funerals, and more.
We take pride in individually hand-designing each of our unique creations in-house, sourcing flowers and other elements from local Arizona farms as often as possible. We are not a member of any franchised wire services, instead we handle all of our orders and deliveries internally so you will always be dealing with a real, live, local human whenever you shop with us online or by phone.
Cara Foster is the sole owner and primary operator of Bowen's Botanicals. She works in the shop full-time; designing arrangements, taking orders, ringing up customers, providing consultations for events, and making deliveries.
About the Owner
Having apprenticed in floral design in the year 2000, Cara was able to realize her childhood dream of working as a florist. For the last 20 years Cara has has the opportunity to work with several florists, designing for large and small scale events across the country. She ultimately decided to open her own flower shop in Prescott, Arizona.
Having been raised in Prescott, it was important for her to return to the community to raise her own children. The shop provides not only floral designs but also an opportunity to learn about floral design, come together as a community for art shows and live music, and offers additional endless opportunities for event hosting and community gathering.
The name for our shop came from learning about the history of this particular address, in which the original structure was a home from 1876 to 1925. A woman named Mary Bowen owned the house from from 1888 until her death in 1910 and ran a home-based hospital for servicemen and the poor during that time. Mary Bowen was a pioneer of a woman in the history of Prescott, and was laid to rest in Prescott’s Citizens Cemetery in 1910.
VISIT US >>